If you’ve been researching the best way to replace your missing teeth, chances are you’ve concluded that dental implants are the way to go. In terms of the way they look and feel, they’re the closest thing to your natural teeth. Plus, they offer health benefits that other tooth replacements can’t. With that being said, the cost of dental implants tends to be higher – and more complex – than traditional options. Read on to learn about some of the factors that affect dental implant cost and how you can afford this life-changing treatment!
5 Variables That Influence the Cost of Dental Implants
No two smiles are exactly alike, so the price of dental implants will be different from patient to patient. Five of the most important factors that come into play are:
- Number of teeth you’re replacing – Dental implants can replace a single missing tooth, several teeth, or even an entire row. Naturally, the more implants you need, the higher your treatment costs will be.
- Implant materials – Most dental implants are made from titanium because of its durability and biocompatible qualities. However, some dentists use implants made from zirconia or other materials based on a patient’s needs.
- Preparatory treatments – It’s fairly common to need one or more preliminary procedures before dental implants can be placed. For example, you might need bone grafting if you’ve lost jawbone density after your teeth went missing. These treatments increase your overall costs, but they ensure the long-term success of your new teeth.
- Location in your mouth – Every case differs, but generally, front teeth cost more to replace than molars. Not only do front teeth require more precision to match the angle of the jawline, but there is also less bone density to work with toward the front of the mouth.
- Dental implant surgery – Many general dentists have not completed the advanced training required to surgically place dental implants, so they refer patients to an outside specialist for this step. Although you may have to pay specialist fees, you’ll have the peace of mind that your procedure is being handled by a true expert.
How to Make Dental Implants Affordable
While dental insurance doesn’t often cover dental implants themselves or their surgical placement, your plan may partially pay for other aspects of the treatment, such as preliminary jawbone grafting. Another way to make dental implants affordable is to ask your dentist about financing options such as CareCredit. This third-party company lets qualified patients split up their treatment costs into monthly installments that are manageable for most budgets. Many of their payment plans come with little to no interest attached!
Even if dental implants seem expensive at first, keep in mind that they can save you money over time by potentially lasting for several decades. Plus, having a healthy, confident smile is truly priceless!
About the Practice
Our team at Texas Dentistry conveniently serves patients of all ages in the Mesquite, TX area. We partner with local dental implant experts to deliver the highest quality care imaginable. In addition to being insurance-friendly, we offer CareCredit financing and can gladly help with the application process. To learn more about dental implant cost, contact our Mesquite location at 972-329-4200.